Pages

Friday, March 17, 2017

"Diabetes warrior" Mixed Media Canvas Tutorial feat. Sweet Escape Digis!

Hey everyone it's Elina here and Happy Friday & St. Patrick's Day to you all!
Today's post features a deeply personal project I created using a digi from Sweet Escapes Digis.
I have colored a ton of images over the years but this is the first time I colored one to look like me.
With grey hairs, glasses and an infusion set for an insulin pump.
I then decided to create an inspirational canvas that reflects who I am.
A Type 1 insulin dependent Diabetic and I have been battling this disease for 20 years.
And I will continue to 
battle this disease with everything I have and with the loving support of my family.
There is a tutorial up on my channel showing you how I created this piece.
Click the video link below:


Here are a few close up pics for you to check out:



Supplies used:
Sweet Escape Digis "Makeup" digi
Dyan Reaveley Dylusions ink sprays in "Pomegranate Seed" & "Ground Espresso"
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists in "Trunk Bay"& "Pale Gold"
Hero Arts "Window Screen" rubber stamp
Hampton Art/Graphic 45 cling mount stamp set
Ranger Wendy Vecchi Archival ink in "Potting Soil"
Prima Cerise flowers set and 9x4 journaling cards
Recollections mixed media blooms & photo frames
Me & My Big Ideas Vintage alpha stickers
chipboard numbers

Colors used:
Copics- E13, E15, R12, E74, RV19
Art Alternatives marker- B1
Concept markers- WG6, WG8, CG2, Colorless Blender




I hope you enjoyed this project and video!
I hope I have inspired  you to color up a few images and create projects that have a personal meaning for you!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It Button